Thursday, August 26, 2010

The day I drank a Bud

What the fuck am I doing drinking a Bud? Seriously? Is it time to ship ol' Tony off to the home?

Nah. I'm drinking this on a bet. It's a bet with myself, really. And it's a test to see if I can be fair to a fuckin' Bud. I think I can, really. I'll try.

This beer is not a pussy, I'll give it that. Unlike its big brother, the King, this beer is made with real malt, and tastes like it. There's some decent bitterness, too. There is a bit of aftertaste that is slightly unpleasant, like a tire that's run over a week-old roadkill badger, but it does not entirely detract from the overtones of spice, fruit, and straw.

Fruit and straw. In fact, this beer distinctly reminds me of fall. It's almost like getting up on a crisp morning when the fields are finally being plowed up, and the apples are on the fruitstand outside. Sure, maybe a neighbor a couple of houses down should pump his septic soon, but really, it's essentially a good day to be alive.

The funny thing is about this scent-oriented analogy, this beer has almost no odor at all, which is passing odd. I think it could benefit somewhat with a dose of nice aroma hops, something mellow, like a good dose of Willamette, which would help bring out the spiciness, and kick the olfactory glands in the nads.

It's not bad for the price, I reckon, which was about half what the Arrogant Bastard cost. It's not half the beer as an Arrogant Bastard of equal size, but it's not a Bud or Miller MGD, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment